Unternehmen, die nach Asien expandieren möchten oder ihre Geschäftsaktivitäten vor Ort ausweiten möchten, finden auf der Hannover Messe 2013 eine Vielzahl an relevanten Vorträgen.
(PM) Düsseldorf/Hannover, 03.04.2013 - Als Kenner der asiatischen und europäischen Kulturen sowie anerkannter China-Experte wurde Dr. Lin, Geschäftsführer von Asia-Pacific Management Consulting GmbH (APMC), von dem EU-China Economic Cooperation (EUCEC) Forum sowie dem Chinese European Intercultural Communication (CEIC) Seminar zu den folgenden vier Vorträgen auf die diesjährige Hannover Messe eingeladen. Alle Vorträge werden in englischer Sprache gehalten:
EU-China Economic Cooperation (EUCEC) Forum 2013
11. April, 17:30 – 18:00 Uhr, Halle 13, Business Forum 2
1) M&A in Germany – What Chinese Investors must know
Chinese companies have turned to M&A as a means to acquire technology and market access in Europe and especially Germany. Nevertheless, most Chinese investors experienced bad surprises during or after the acquisition process.
Since 1999, Dr. Lin and his consulting firm Asia-Pacific Management Consulting have been authorized by German government to advise Asian and Chinese investors to invest in Germany. In this speech, he will present the most common mistakes and bad surprises for Chinese investment in Germany/Europe and how to prevent them.
Chinese European Intercultural Communication (CEIC) Seminar 2013
12. April, 10 - 12 Uhr, Halle 13, Business Forum 1
2) Do´s and Don´ts in HR-Management for European companies in China
Whether a European company is successful or not in Asia, is mostly determined by the quality of the employees. And the resulted “war for talent” in Asia leads to high staff turnover, especially in China. How to find and bind the best employees to the company is the key issue for any European companies who want to be successful in Asia/China.
Dr Kuang-Hua Lin’s company Asia-Pacific Management Consulting is a leading consulting firm when it comes to recruit and retain the best talents in Asia. In his speech, he will discuss:
- The HR Challenge for foreign companies in Asia/China
- Why the difficulty is not only in finding, but also in selecting the correct applicants?
- How to recruit and select managers correctly?
- How to recruit and select non-management, technical and shop-floor staff?
- How to evaluate the performance and salary correctly?
- How to retain qualified staff?
3) Cultural Challenges in M&A projects in China
European companies are increasingly turning to M&A as a means to pursue their expansion plans in China. However, China's unique business, cultural and regulatory environments make this a highly complex topic. How should companies approach M&A possibilities? What are the most important aspects that need to be considered when acquiring a Chinese company in China?
Dr. Kuang-Hua Lin and his consulting firm Asia-Pacific Management Consulting have been supporting foreign companies in M&A projects in China for many years. He will offer his insights into the M&A issues in his presentation:
- Why acquisition/JV instead of green field? Business consideration vs. legal restrictions.
- Systematic search and selection of targets
- When is a moderator useful or even necessary?
- Due Diligence process
- AoA, JV contract and SPA (Articles of Association, Share Purchasing Agreement)
- Structuring purchasing price or investment amount
- Final negotiation and Signing
- From Signing to Closing
- Finance, Controlling and Reporting
- Post Merger Integration
4) The cultural challenge in the factory establishment / foundation in China – What European investors must know to ensure the success of the projects
Many factory projects of European companies in China have experienced difficulties. Some even could not get the final production approval. Most of the difficulties are due to cultural differences and special circumstances in China. If your company plans to invest or is already in the process of building a factory in China, then you should attend this speech to prevent bad surprises and learn the do´s and don´ts in factory founding in China.
- When is a factory in China to be recommended and when NOT?
- Typical hurdles and bad surprises for foreign investors in China and how to handle them
- Common mistakes and pitfalls in the factory founding
- Corruption and further compliance issues
- Protect your know-how and intellectual property rights and fight piracy in China
Über Dr. Kuang-Hua Lin
Dr. rer. pol. Kuang-Hua Lin ist Geschäftsführer und Alleingesellschafter von APMC. Bevor er APMC im Jahr 1997 gründete, war er als Unternehmensberater bei dem internationalen Beratungsunternehmen The Boston Consulting Group in Düsseldorf tätig und beriet zahlreiche Unternehmen in Deutschland und in Asien. Er hat ein Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering sowie einen Abschluss als Diplom-Volkswirt an der Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg i. Br., wo er auch promoviert hat.